Adopt a dog
Our adoption process
Adopters must be 19 years of age or older, and offer a stable, permanent home. We have no other absolute requirements as we prefer to consider every applicant as an individual. Some of the most committed, responsible pit bull guardians we know are young, renting or in school.
- Contact us for an adoption application; if you don’t hear back within the week, please follow up!
- Arrange a phone interview with one of our Adoption Coordinators to discuss potential matches
- We arrange a home visit, check your references & confirm your landlord if applicable
- Once you are approved, we invite you and your family to meet the dog at the Okanagan area foster home; we do not ship dogs
- Go home to sleep on it, and discuss your impressions of the match with your family and Adoption Coordinator
- Bring the dog home; we are a phone call away to facilitate a successful transition
- Submit your adoption story for our Happy Tails!
We ask an adoption fee of $300 for puppies under 6 months, and also require proof of puppy class registration to ensure you get the best start. Puppies will remain on a foster to adopt contract that will be finalized at the time of alteration (typically age 12 weeks.) Adult dogs are $250. These fees help us recoup a portion of the costs associated with preparing the dogs for adoption.
Every dog is spayed or neutered, vaccinated, receives permanent ID (tattoo or microchip) and goes home with 6 weeks free Adoptsecure pet insurance and a Freedom No Pull Harness. It is our goal to see both dog and adopter ecstatically happy; if the match proves unsuccessful within the first month, we will refund the adoption fee. Our dogs will always have our support and a ‘home’ to come back to if necessary.